Wednesday, May 1 2013, 10:29 AM Monday, April 8 2013, 04:07 PM Friday, April 5 2013, 05:15 PM Friday, February 22 2013, 09:41 AM Sunday, February 17 2013, 04:41 PM Friday, February 15 2013, 09:17 PM Friday, February 8 2013, 11:06 AM Thursday, February 7 2013, 12:22 AM Sunday, January 27 2013, 06:38 PM Wednesday, January 23 2013, 09:44 PM
Grim indeed, yet eloquent and utterly compelling."
The End: NECESSARY EVIL Is Out! - 5/1/2013, 10:29 AM Because I Haven't Posted About tDCS In A While - 4/8/2013, 04:07 PM Announcing the NECESSARY EVIL Signing Tour - 4/5/2013, 05:15 PM Nuclear Deterrence in a Blood Magic World - 2/22/2013, 09:41 AM Guest Post #2 at Charlie Stross's Blog - 2/17/2013, 04:41 PM Guest Post at Charlie Stross's Blog - 2/15/2013, 09:17 PM A Conversation with Charlie Stross - 2/8/2013, 11:06 AM NOW OUT in the UK: THE COLDEST WAR - 2/7/2013, 12:22 AM Clarion Is Accepting Applications for the Class of 2013 - 1/27/2013, 06:38 PM Holy Smokes! Cover Art for Something More Than Night - 1/23/2013, 09:44 PM
Show all blog entries
1) This morning, as I was waking up from anxious dreams, I discovered that in my bed I had not been changed into a monstrous verminous bug.
Whew. Sure, it's like the 13,000th day in a row when that hasn't happened... yet. Still, though, a nice way to start the day. I'll take what I can get, morning-wise. (Why yes, I am a morning person. How could you tell?)
2) I did not slip in the shower and crack my head on the bathroom tiles. Nor did I accidentally sever my carotid artery while shaving, nor did I choke to death on a piece of coffee cake.
It was, in other words, a delightfully non-deadly morning. Between not turning into a giant cockroach and not dying, the day really did get off to a sterling start.
3) The bus was not late. Also, for some lucky reason, I didn't have a share a seat this morning.
I'm not sure why sitting next to me seems to be a last resort for most folks. It's not like I toss my stuff on the spare seat to keep people from sitting down. And I don't think there's an odor (I do shower-- see #2). Pretty much all I do is sit quietly with my nose in a book. It's not like I try to make conversation with folks. Or acknowledge them in any way. How could that possibly be offputting?
4) I did not have to attend meetings today.
Sometimes it's the little things.
5) My car was not vandalized while it sat in the Park & Ride lot.
It felt like Christmas, but without all the broken glass and police reports.
6) I did not forget to update the website blog. But I also did not keep my promise to myself to think of something interesting and worthwhile to post. (Instead, I used that time on the bus to sleep.)
In other news, I'm off to Reno tomorrow for Worldcon.Close Permalink
Unwalkers interview [English | French ]
Interview with Speculate! Podcast Interview with Adventures in SciFi Publishing
Ian Tregillis on the Sword and Laser Podcast
Ian Tregillis on John Scalzi's The Big Idea
Interview with Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
Interview with SFRevu
Interview with Mad Hatter Book Review
Interview with Apex Books
Interview at Literary Musings Interview with Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
An interview with the authors of Busted Flush at Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
Interview with Travis Heermann at The Write Line
9-way interview with the contributors to the Wild Cards novel Inside Straight at Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
Interview in the February, 2008 newsletter of the Online Writing Workshop for Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror
An extended interview with Ian Tregillis by Ty Franck, on www.wildcardsbooks.com.